Whether a piercing heals quickly and well depends on many factors.
We have summarized here what to consider when caring for your piercing.
The following reactions after piercing are normal and are not a cause for concern.
- Swelling of the affected part of the body
- Slight burning sensation
- Slight pain
- Slight redness
- Leakage of wound fluid
- Minimal postoperative bleeding
These reactions are within the usual range and are no cause for concern. Should you react differently or be unsure, it is best to call us or come directly to our boutique.
Tel: 044 302 03 03
Bahnhofstrasse 70, 8001 Zürich
No matter on which part of the body the new piercing is: These rules must be observed in principle.
- Touch the piercing only with clean hands.
- Do not remove the jewelry under any circumstances.
- Do not move the piercing unnecessarily.
- Avoid UV radiation, sauna and bathing.
- Ointments and creams are not recommended, as they can clog the piercing canal.
To support the body's own healing powers, we recommend the following care products:
For all piercings: PURE care spray from Giada Ilardo.
So that your new piercing heals well, and you can enjoy your jewelry for a long time, there are a few things to keep in mind:
During the healing period
- Please touch your piercing only with clean hands
- Do not remove the piercing jewelry yourself under any circumstances
- Do not move the jewelry back and forth unnecessarily
- Avoid sun, solarium and sauna completely
- Avoid bathing for at least two weeks: or use a waterproof plaster.
Information about your piercing
In the first week treat twice a day with PURE care spray by Giada Ilardo; in the second week once a day.
Lip, Labret, Madonna, Medusa, Eyebrow, Bridge
Healing time: 4 - 6 weeks
Replacement: from 3 to 6 weeks
Cartilage piercings (Helix, Tragus, Industrial, Septum, Nose), Navel, Nipple, Surface Piercings.
Healing time: 3 - 12 months
Replacement: from 4 to 8 weeks
Tongue, lingual frenulum and labial frenulum
- Refrain from smoking for the first 48 hours.
- Avoid alcohol and drugs for the first week.
- Take care of piercing several times a day with PURE mouth rinse by Giada Ilardo.
- Ice cubes help against swelling.For the first two weeks, rinse your mouth thoroughly with water after every meal.
- Avoid sweet drinks as well as hot, sour and very hot meals for the first two weeks.
Healing time: approx. 4 weeks
Replacing: from 3 to 6 weeks
- In the first week, treat twice a day with PURE care spray by Giada Ilardo; in the second week, once a day.
- Sexual intercourse should be protected.
Healing time: for women about 2 - 4 weeks; for men 2 - 6 weeks depending on the site, but it can take up to 6 months (Ampallang, Apadravya, Prince Albert, Dydoe).
Replacing: from 3 to 8 weeks
- Treat with PURE care spray by Giada Ilardo twice a day for the first 2 weeks.
- Cover during the first 7 days and nights.
- The patch must be changed in the morning and in the evening.In the following week it is enough to cover the Dermal Anchor only at night.
Healing time: 6 - 8 weeks
Changing: from 8 weeks